A question about sequences and backup/restore cycles

От stan
Тема A question about sequences and backup/restore cycles
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I typically design a system with primary keys defined, like this:

CREATE TABLE employee (
employee_key           integer DEFAULT nextval('employee_key_serial')
        PRIMARY KEY ,

I use scripts to build the database structures and load the data. I am
careful to get the dependencies in the correct order, so that the keys later
structures depend on already exist.

Today I was going over the design for the current project with a friend,
whose expertise i respect. he said that he had issues on a system designed
by an OEM that had dependencies on keys developed from sequences after a
backup/restore cycle,

Will I potentially have these issues? If so, what can I do different to
avoid this being an issue?

neither liberty nor safety."
                        -- Benjamin Franklin

От: Julie Nishimura
Сообщение: existing dblinks
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: A question about sequences and backup/restore cycles