Re: Issue upgrading from V11 to V12 on Debian

От stan
Тема Re: Issue upgrading from V11 to V12 on Debian
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 03, 2019 at 08:58:58AM -0800, Paul Jungwirth wrote:
> On 12/3/19 8:46 AM, stan wrote:> So, I have V12 running as the default on
> the machine I am testing this on
> > now:
> >
> > Ver Cluster Port Status Owner    Data directory              Log file
> > 11  main    5433 down   postgres /var/lib/postgresql/11/main
> > /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-11-main.log
> > 12  main    5432 online postgres /var/lib/postgresql/12/main
> > /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-12-main.log
> >
> > BUT, I went to the directory where I have the exentsion's source, did a
> > make clean ; make ; make install, and the files were still installed in the
> > V11 tree. How can I instruct the system to put these in the V12 tree?
> >
> > The  extension in question is pgemailaddr if this matters, BTW.
>
> That extension (and every extension I've seen) uses Postgres's normal
> extension-building infrastructure, so it runs pg_config to learn where to
> put files. If you run pg_config on your system it will probably report
> directories belonging to v11. (That's a little surprising because on Ubuntu
> systems I've always had it report the latest version.)
>
> Many other Ubuntu Postgres commands accept a PGCLUSTER envvar to specific
> which cluster to use. If you want to add that to your pg_config you could do
> it like this: https://stackoverflow.com/a/43403193/122087 Then just set
> PGCLUSTER before building. (Make sure you `make clean` first.)

Well, this gets more interesting. I decided to try the reinstall thing
agai, so I did an apt-get purge on the V12 server, started the V11 server
(admiitely I did not check to see what port it started on), reinstalled
the V1 package, and now BOTH are running, with eh V12 server on 5432 and
the V11 on 5433.

neither liberty nor safety."
                        -- Benjamin Franklin

От: stan
Сообщение: Re: Issue upgrading from V11 to V12 on Debian
От: Paul Jungwirth
Сообщение: Re: Issue upgrading from V11 to V12 on Debian