Re: Issue upgrading from V11 to V12 on Debian

От Paul Jungwirth
Тема Re: Issue upgrading from V11 to V12 on Debian
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/3/19 9:41 AM, stan wrote:
> Well, this gets more interesting. I decided to try the reinstall thing
> agai, so I did an apt-get purge on the V12 server, started the V11 server
> (admiitely I did not check to see what port it started on), reinstalled
> the V1 package, and now BOTH are running, with eh V12 server on 5432 and
> the V11 on 5433.

Yes, Ubuntu/Debian make it easy to run multiple versions/clusters at
once. I don't think they even use the alternatives system (but I could
be wrong). For building/installing the extension, the only important
part AIUI is getting pg_config to point at the right files. My own
approach has always been to hack the bash code to accept a PGCLUSTER
envvar, as in that Stack Overflow answer. Someone here might have a
better approach though.

Regards,

--
Paul              ~{:-)
pj@illuminatedcomputing.com

От: stan
Сообщение: Re: Issue upgrading from V11 to V12 on Debian
От: stan
Сообщение: Re: Issue upgrading from V11 to V12 on Debian