Re: Why do we have perl and sed versions of Gen_dummy_probes?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Why do we have perl and sed versions of Gen_dummy_probes?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-05-06 11:13:28 +0100, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:

> > I tried to regenerate Gen_dummy_probes.pl using s2p - which doesn't seem
> > to exist for modern versions of perl anymore :(
>
> It still exists, it's just not part of the core Perl distribution any
> more (since 5.22, released in 2015):
>
>   https://metacpan.org/pod/perl5220delta#find2perl,-s2p-and-a2p-removal
>   https://metacpan.org/release/App-s2p.

Oh, I got confused because the cpan link at the top of
https://perldoc.perl.org/5.6.2/s2p is dead, and because I forgot all I
knew about perl a long time ago.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Why do we have perl and sed versions of Gen_dummy_probes?
От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Draft back-branch release notes are up