Re: pgsql: Rely on __func__ being supported

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pgsql: Rely on __func__ being supported
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Hello

On 2022-Aug-07, Andres Freund wrote:

> On 2022-08-07 19:40:14 +0200, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > I'd rather we keep PG_FUNCNAME_MACRO defined to __func__ ... it costs us
> > nothing.  Would anybody oppose that?
>
> I'm fine with re-adding the macro, as long as we don't re-add in-tree users.

After further thinking, I conclude there's no need for this.  It's quite
easy to add a "#ifndef PG_FUNCNAME_MACRO" stanza in third-party code if
needed, and just rely on __func__ otherwise.

Thanks

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix typo in test_oat_hooks README
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix handling of R/W expanded datums that are passed to SQL funct