Re: pgsql: Try to unbreak MSVC builds for pg_waldump

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: pgsql: Try to unbreak MSVC builds for pg_waldump
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Hi,

On 2023-04-08 13:53:34 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> > I was under the impression that issues like this would be caught by
> > CI. We used to have an MSVC CI target, but that's no longer the case
> > -- not since commit e6b6ea02. I'll need to remember that.
>
> I thought we were planning to drop the MSVC build scripts for v16.
> Is that no longer happening?  If they're going to be around for
> awhile, maybe that CI job needs to be resurrected.

I was holding off submitting a patch until the BF supported meson - which only
happened recently. I was actually planning to start a thread about the topic
in the next few days.

As far as I can tell, the meson build has more than feature parity with the
"homegrown" build - the only two dependencies I haven't been able to test is
building with are ossp-uuid (doesn't build) and kerberos (quite complicated,
last release for windows is ages ago)

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Try to unbreak MSVC builds for pg_waldump
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Try to unbreak MSVC builds for pg_waldump