Re: pgsql: Try to unbreak MSVC builds for pg_waldump

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pgsql: Try to unbreak MSVC builds for pg_waldump
Дата
Список pgsql-committers

On 2023-04-08 Sa 14:13, Andres Freund wrote:
Hi,

On 2023-04-08 13:53:34 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
I was under the impression that issues like this would be caught by
CI. We used to have an MSVC CI target, but that's no longer the case
-- not since commit e6b6ea02. I'll need to remember that.
I thought we were planning to drop the MSVC build scripts for v16.
Is that no longer happening?  If they're going to be around for
awhile, maybe that CI job needs to be resurrected.
I was holding off submitting a patch until the BF supported meson - which only
happened recently. I was actually planning to start a thread about the topic
in the next few days.

As far as I can tell, the meson build has more than feature parity with the
"homegrown" build - the only two dependencies I haven't been able to test is
building with are ossp-uuid (doesn't build) and kerberos (quite complicated,
last release for windows is ages ago)

I am still fighting a few issues, was intending to work more on it this week, so I'm not signing off on buildfarm support for meson quite yet. I think we need to support the old system until meson support is fully baked.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Try to unbreak MSVC builds for pg_waldump
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Skip \password TAP test on old IPC::Run versions