Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!

От Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Тема Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

After catching up with this thread, where pending bugs are listed and discussed,
I wonder if the current patches trying to lower the HashJoin memory explosion[1]
could be added to the "Older bugs affecting stable branches" list of
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_16_Open_Items as I think they
deserve some discussion/triage for v16?

The patch as it stands is not invasive. As I wrote previously[2], if we
couldn't handle such situation better in v16, and if this patch is not
backpatch-able in a minor release, then we will keep living another year, maybe
more, with this bad memory behavior.

Thank you,

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20230408020119.32a0841b%40karst
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20230320151234.38b2235e%40karst

От: Nikita Malakhov
Сообщение: Re: Doc limitation update proposal: include out-of-line OID usage per TOAST-ed columns
От: Richard Guo
Сообщение: Improve list manipulation in several places