Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr@dalibo.com> writes:
> After catching up with this thread, where pending bugs are listed and discussed,
> I wonder if the current patches trying to lower the HashJoin memory explosion[1]
> could be added to the "Older bugs affecting stable branches" list of
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_16_Open_Items as I think they
> deserve some discussion/triage for v16?

They do not.  That patch is clearly nowhere near ready to commit, and
even if it was, I don't think we'd consider it post-feature-freeze.
Any improvement in this space would be a feature, not a bug fix,
despite anyone's attempts to label it a bug fix.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: base backup vs. concurrent truncation
От: "Imseih (AWS), Sami"
Сообщение: Correct the documentation for work_mem