Re: Mailing list subscription's mail delivery delays?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Mailing list subscription's mail delivery delays?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2023 at 1:11 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I have been seeing the same thing for a few days now, on my
>> definitely-not-gmail personal server.  Something's flaky in the
>> PG mail infrastructure.  It's gotten better since yesterday's
>> outage, though I'm not convinced it's totally fixed.

> There have been some pretty bad issues with gmail recently. Some
> changes have been deployed that will hopefully help mitigate those and
> make things better, but it takes time to recover.

> The massive backlogs caused by gmail have been enough to spill over
> and affect other destinations as well simply due to the load created
> since we have such a huge number of gmail subscribers. But we're
> slowly seeing the backlogs shrink now and the load come down so
> hopefully the changes made will continue to have effect and let us be
> back to normal soon.

I'm still seeing multi-hour delivery delays on a subset of traffic,
like maybe half a dozen instances today.

Looking at the Received: timestamps shows pretty conclusively that
the delays are within PG infra, for example this recent message from
Heikki got hung up at two separate jumps:

Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 12:19:29 +0300

Also, my own message <2154347.1696278028@sss.pgh.pa.us> went
out to -hackers about 25 minutes ago and hasn't come back,
so based on other recent examples I'm betting I won't see it
for hours.

Plenty of other traffic *is* coming through in normal-ish time,
so I'm not sure I buy that there's still a massive logjam.

            regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Cédric Villemain
Сообщение: Improve our wiki
От: Akshat Jaimini
Сообщение: Permission to allow testing harness to send error reports for pgweb directly to mailing list.