Re: Mailing list subscription's mail delivery delays?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Mailing list subscription's mail delivery delays?
Дата
Re: Mailing list subscription's mail delivery delays?
Список pgsql-www
On Fri, Sep 29, 2023 at 1:11 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> "David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Thu, Sep 28, 2023 at 3:48 PM Matthias van de Meent <
> > boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I'm not sure if the issue is on my side (mail servers are gmail's) or
> >> on the mailing list server - all traces I've checked indicate that the
> >> delay is somewhere in the delivery from postgres' last mail server to
> >> the first gmail mail server.
> >>
> >> I've only really noticed this sometime in the past few weeks. After
> >> sampling my mails, I found other examples of significant delays (>1h)
> >> for mails from well-respected hackers dating back to at least
> >> 2023-08-28.
>
> > I have noticed the same thing happening for the Gmail account that I use.
>
> I have been seeing the same thing for a few days now, on my
> definitely-not-gmail personal server.  Something's flaky in the
> PG mail infrastructure.  It's gotten better since yesterday's
> outage, though I'm not convinced it's totally fixed.

There have been some pretty bad issues with gmail recently. Some
changes have been deployed that will hopefully help mitigate those and
make things better, but it takes time to recover.

The massive backlogs caused by gmail have been enough to spill over
and affect other destinations as well simply due to the load created
since we have such a huge number of gmail subscribers. But we're
slowly seeing the backlogs shrink now and the load come down so
hopefully the changes made will continue to have effect and let us be
back to normal soon.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Mailing list subscription's mail delivery delays?
От: Célestin Matte
Сообщение: pglister: issue with materialized view after upgrade (+ solution)