Proposed Patchs

От Thomas Sondag
Тема Proposed Patchs
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

With PostgreSQL 8.1 and new ROLE object remplacing traditional
USER/GROUP, I was a bit confuse using the dlgProperty and
dlgSecurityProperty dialog because I can only select USER (ROLE with
LOGIN privilege) for owner and GROUP (ROLE without LOGIN privilege)
for privileges .
And I not sure this comportment can match all PostgreSQL 8.1 usages
scenarios (like one of my case).

This proposed patch :
 - change owner and privilege list to get the full ROLE list.
 - select by default currently connected ROLE in the owner list
(replacing the blank filed) for new object creation
 - remove pg_global in the available tablespace list
 - select current user default tablespace in tablespace list
(replacing the blank filed, yes I don't like blank field) for new
object creation

It's not fully finish yet, I have one or two bug in mind, but it's
usable if you want to test it, I post it to know your opinion about
it, know if go to the wrong way.

Does it make sense to replace user and group tree by a role tree if
your are connected to a PostgreSQL server version 8.1 ?

Comments are welcomes.

    Thomas

От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: Misapplication of Grant Wizard fails
От: "Steve W. Neal"
Сообщение: I get these about every 1.5 days