Re: `postgresql.conf' has wrong permissions???

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: `postgresql.conf' has wrong permissions???
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
<rocael@usa.net> writes:
> FATAL 1:  configuration file `postgresql.conf' has wrong permissions

> One thing to note is that before I rebooted linux I did this:
> chmod 755 -R /usr/local/pgsql

That was a bad idea.  700 is the most permission you should have on the
/usr/local/pgsql/data directory.  I am not sure why the code is so picky
about postgresql.conf and not about the data directory as a whole ---
but it will refuse to start up if postgresql.conf has more than 744
permissions.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Chris Ruprecht"
Сообщение: Feature Requests for 7.2 or 7.3 ...
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Feature Requests for 7.2 or 7.3 ...