Re: one line comment style

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: one line comment style
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dan Colish <dan@unencrypted.org> writes:
> I'm going through a few files and trying to clean them up for style mostly and a
> bit of refactoring. I am curious about the preferred style for a one line
> comment. I see them in both of these forms and I would like to keep it
> consistent.

> /* a one line comment */

> or

> /*
>  * a one line comment
>  */

I think either one can be reasonable depending on how important the
comment is, or whether you want more of a visual separation between
separate blocks of code as opposed to an in-line note.

One thing that would be worth checking before you expend too much
manual effort on that is whether pg_indent will convert one style
to the other.  Offhand I don't recall that it does, but if it did
then it'd undo your work ...