Обсуждение: one line comment style

one line comment style

От
Dan Colish
Дата:
I'm going through a few files and trying to clean them up for style mostly and a
bit of refactoring. I am curious about the preferred style for a one line
comment. I see them in both of these forms and I would like to keep it
consistent.

/* a one line comment */

or

/** a one line comment*/

Thoughts?

--
--Dan

Re: one line comment style

Дата:
Dan Colish <dan@unencrypted.org> writes:
> I'm going through a few files and trying to clean them up for style mostly and a
> bit of refactoring. I am curious about the preferred style for a one line
> comment. I see them in both of these forms and I would like to keep it
> consistent.

> /* a one line comment */

> or

> /*
>  * a one line comment
>  */

I think either one can be reasonable depending on how important the
comment is, or whether you want more of a visual separation between
separate blocks of code as opposed to an in-line note.

One thing that would be worth checking before you expend too much
manual effort on that is whether pg_indent will convert one style
to the other.  Offhand I don't recall that it does, but if it did
then it'd undo your work ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: one line comment style

От
Alvaro Herrera
Tom Lane wrote:

> One thing that would be worth checking before you expend too much
> manual effort on that is whether pg_indent will convert one style
> to the other.  Offhand I don't recall that it does, but if it did
> then it'd undo your work ...

No, it doesn't, unless the comment doesn't fit in the line (78 chars IIRC)

Re: one line comment style

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Dan Colish wrote:
> I'm going through a few files and trying to clean them up for style mostly and a
> bit of refactoring. I am curious about the preferred style for a one line
> comment. I see them in both of these forms and I would like to keep it
> consistent.
>
> /* a one line comment */
>
> or
>
> /*
>  * a one line comment
>  */

I use single-line of I just want to comment the next line, and
multi-line if I want to comment on the next block of lines, e.g a
section comment.

http://enterprisedb.com