Re: COPY FROM appears broken in PostgreSQL 15

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: COPY FROM appears broken in PostgreSQL 15
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
richard coleman <rcoleman.ascentgl@gmail.com> writes:
> Did something happen to the COPY FROM command in PostgreSQL 15?

It seems quite unlikely that you'd be the first to notice such
a fundamental problem.

> ERROR:  could not open file "/{path}/{file}" for reading: Permission denied
> HINT:  COPY FROM instructs the PostgreSQL server process to read a file.
> You may want a client-side facility such as psql's \copy.

> I have checked and the postgres user can read/write to the file just fine.

Check that again.  Check lookup permission on all the directories in
the path, too.

От: richard coleman
Сообщение: COPY FROM appears broken in PostgreSQL 15
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: COPY FROM appears broken in PostgreSQL 15