Re: Ubuntu 18 + PHP 8.2 + PDO: can't find drivers

От Chris Kelly
Тема Re: Ubuntu 18 + PHP 8.2 + PDO: can't find drivers
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Suddenly everything becomes clear: I'm running an OS that reached EOL 3 months ago. I'll upgrade to Ubuntu 20 if I need to get it working on this computer. Thanks.

On Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 02:15:19 PM PDT, <postmaster@heinz-it.de> wrote:

Am 23.09.23 um 20:56 schrieb Chris Kelly:

>  On Ubuntu "18.04.6 LTS (Bionic Beaver)":
>
> # apt-cache search pgsql | grep 8
> pike7.8-pg - PostgreSQL modules for Pike
> pike8.0-pg - PostgreSQL modules for Pike
>

> # apt-cache search pgsql | grep php
> php-pgsql - PostgreSQL module for PHP [default]
> php7.2-pgsql - PostgreSQL module for PHP
> php-db - Database Abstraction Layer
> php-mdb2-driver-pgsql - pgsql MDB2 driver
>

> This is for an existing site with an existing db dump and an existing codebase. I can't use PHP7 due to composer requirements.
>
> I tried to add the ondrej repo but got "The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 467B942D3A79BD29".
>

>      On Friday, September 22, 2023 at 02:38:24 PM PDT, Ray O'Donnell <ray@rodonnell.ie> wrote:

> On 22 September 2023 21:40:38 Chris Kelly <sampro_domains@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> The need has mostly passed (I used another computer with Ubuntu 20) but are there clear, *working* instructions for how to connect to Postgress on Ubuntu 18 via PDO? I don't see drivers that would work. This is for a Drupal site.
>
>  From memory (not at my laptop now) you need to install the php8.2-pgsql package (or maybe it's php8.2-pdo-pgsql). It should just work then... Drupal will notice the driver and offer Postgresql as an option on installation. Don't forget to restart Apache after installing that package
> Ray.

read this
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/76864353/php8-2-in-ubuntu-18-04-e-unable-to-locate-package-php8-2
i would say it's time to update/upgrade or maybe build php from sources

От: Ray O'Donnell
Сообщение: Re: Ubuntu 18 + PHP 8.2 + PDO: can't find drivers
От: Raivo Rebane
Сообщение: jdbc problem