Re: BUG #18248: Expression is always zero

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #18248: Expression is always zero
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Dec 14, 2023 at 05:32:49AM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
>> The value of expression 'thistimecnt >> 31 >> 31 >> 2' (in
>> src/timezone/zic.c) is zero regardless of the value of the left operand

> Note that this is code imported as-is from upstream IANA tzcode, so we wouldn't
> make any change ourself.
> Looking at their git history they added it to remove some theoretical int
> limits:
> https://github.com/eggert/tz/commit/cc8aec6ecb1ecc3099f173e2bca9785ae8359c03

Yeah, the tzcode crew have a wider range of (possibly theoretical)
target systems in mind than we do.  They probably won't think this
is a bug, and we're unlikely to diverge from whatever they do.

От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18245: pg_restore accepts same output file name as input file name
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18247: Integer overflow leads to negative width