Re: BUG #18245: pg_restore accepts same output file name as input file name

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: BUG #18245: pg_restore accepts same output file name as input file name
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 13, 2023 at 09:44:26AM +0100, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> > On 13 Dec 2023, at 04:39, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
> > Please let it fail when the user passes the same name for the output as the
> > input.
>
> I think this sounds like a fair restriction, input and output being the same
> seems much more likely to be a copy/paste issue than an interesting usecase.

+1

> Something like the attached (untested) sketch should be enough I think.

I'm wondering if it would be worth adding some canonicalize_path() calls while
at it,  ISTM that such mistakes are likely to happen when invoking pg_restore
manually, so having slightly different wording for the exact same file wouldn't
surprising.

От: Alexander Lakhin
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18248: Expression is always zero
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18248: Expression is always zero