Re: Restore of a reference database kills the auto analyze processing.

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Restore of a reference database kills the auto analyze processing.
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 5/21/24 9:29 AM, HORDER Philip wrote:
> Classified as: {OPEN}
>
>> I am having a hard time figuring out how both of the above can be true.
>> Dropping and recreating the database would wipe out the statistics.
>
> We have multiple databases on the one Postgres server.
> The 'postgres' database contains our main application, with tables in schema 'a'.
> We have two other databases, one of which is 'lfm'.
>
> In PgAdmin, there is Databases (3), then those database names.
> As the superuser, I can connect to any of these databases.
>
> When we drop database lfm, and recreate it using pg_restore, the stats collection dies, for all databases on the
server:'postgres', 'lfm', 'lfm2'

> I haven't dropped database 'postgres'
>
> So the existing stats on tables in the 'postgres' database remain, but no further stats are collected.

 From int-postgres-log-21-05-2024.txt:

2024-05-15 03:31:31.290 GMT [4556]: [3-1]
db=lfm,user=superuser,app=[unknown],client=::1 LOG:  connection
authorized: user=superuser database=lfm application_name=pg_restore

That would be the lfm database being restored.

What does the log show after that as pertains to autovacuum?

> Phil Horder
> Database Mechanic
>
> Thales
> Land & Air Systems
>

> {OPEN}
> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. It is intended only for the stated addressee(s) and access
toit by any other person is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any
otherway use or rely on the information contained in this e-mail. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you have
receivedthis e-mail in error, please inform the originator immediately and delete it and all copies from your system.

> Thales UK Limited. A company registered in England and Wales. Registered Office: 350 Longwater Avenue, Green Park,
Reading,Berks RG2 6GF. Registered Number: 868273

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Restore of a reference database kills the auto analyze processing.
От: Dimitrios Apostolou
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_io clarifications: background worker, writes and reads