Re: pg_stat_io clarifications: background worker, writes and reads

От Dimitrios Apostolou
Тема Re: pg_stat_io clarifications: background worker, writes and reads
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Kashif, just to clarify my question, are you saying that the I/O from
parallel workers is recorded into the "background worker" entry of
pg_stat_io?

Thanks,
Dimitris

On Wed, 15 May 2024, Kashif Zeeshan wrote:

> Hi
> parallel worker are used for parallel execution of the queries and you can find the help in the below link.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/how-parallel-query-works.html
>
> Its controlled by following parameters.
>
> max_worker_processes = 6
> max_parallel_workers_per_gather = 3
> max_parallel_workers = 6
> The limit of concurrent parallel workers for the whole cluster is max_parallel_workers, which must be ≤
max_worker_processes.The limit of parallel workers per query is max_parallel_workers_per_gather.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Restore of a reference database kills the auto analyze processing.
От: HORDER Philip
Сообщение: Re: Restore of a reference database kills the auto analyze processing.