Re: fails to start - pg_stat_tmp ?

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: fails to start - pg_stat_tmp ?
Дата
Re: fails to start - pg_stat_tmp ?  (lejeczek <peljasz@yahoo.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2023-11-10 at 11:33 +0100, lejeczek wrote:
> I have simple cluster managed by a popular toolset, I believe, and I get a standby/slave node which
> after it was shutdown, rebooted, is unable to start, not by the that cluster-manager nor manually.

Thatks for telling us all the detail...

>  FATAL:  could not open directory "/var/run/postgresql/14-paf.pg_stat_tmp": No such file or directory
>  LOG:  startup process (PID 54860) exited with exit code 1
>
> Indeed that dir, that path does not exist on the node - from what I can see, among the nodes
> comprising the cluster this path exists only on the _master_ node.

Looks like somebody randomly deleted directories on that machine.

Create it again, and make sure it belongs to the postgres user and
nobody else has write access.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: lejeczek
Сообщение: fails to start - pg_stat_tmp ?
От: Scott Ribe
Сообщение: Re: fails to start - pg_stat_tmp ?