Re: fails to start - pg_stat_tmp ?

От lejeczek
Тема Re: fails to start - pg_stat_tmp ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On 10/11/2023 13:20, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> On Fri, 2023-11-10 at 11:33 +0100, lejeczek wrote:
>> I have simple cluster managed by a popular toolset, I believe, and I get a standby/slave node which
>> after it was shutdown, rebooted, is unable to start, not by the that cluster-manager nor manually.
> Thatks for telling us all the detail...
>
>>   FATAL:  could not open directory "/var/run/postgresql/14-paf.pg_stat_tmp": No such file or directory
>>   LOG:  startup process (PID 54860) exited with exit code 1
>>
>> Indeed that dir, that path does not exist on the node - from what I can see, among the nodes
>> comprising the cluster this path exists only on the _master_ node.
> Looks like somebody randomly deleted directories on that machine.
>
> Create it again, and make sure it belongs to the postgres user and
> nobody else has write access.
>
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe

Indeed something removes at/after reboot the path, last bit
of with stats - I started fiddling with _systemd_ tmpfiles
which I thought was the culprit but it seems systemd neither
creates nor cleans it.
I also have bucardo - cleaned it up, did not help nor after
I completely removed bucardo
pg_ctlcluster start - does work, with this wrapper path gets
created and server starts
OS journal boot logs do not mention this path neither.
It's a true sticky-wicket for me right now - to add, other
two virtually identical nodes seem free from this issue.

От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: fails to start - pg_stat_tmp ?
От: Benjamin Leis
Сообщение: Active threads waiting on IPC / messagequeuesend