Re: pg_class.relpages/allvisible probably shouldn't be a int4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_class.relpages/allvisible probably shouldn't be a int4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> That's nothing for 9.4 anymore, but shouldn't we make pg_class.relpages
> a int8 (sounds slightly better than float to me) or somesuch?

No; those are really BlockNumbers, and have always been.  float4 would
lose information and float8 or int8 would waste space.  If we had an
unsigned int type it'd be better.  I suppose we could declare them as OID,
but that would probably confuse people no end.

От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Weird behaviour with the new MOVE clause of ALTER TABLESPACE
От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Sending out a request for more buildfarm animals?