Re: configure fails for perl check on CentOS8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: configure fails for perl check on CentOS8
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> writes:
> The immediately problematic command generated by autoconf is:
> /usr/bin/ld: /tmp/ccGxodNv.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against symbol `PL_memory_wrap' can not be used when making a
PIEobject; recompile with -fPIC
> /usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output

> Very interestingly I don't get the error when the "-O0" is "-O2". It
> is because gcc eliminates the PL_memory_wrap maybe by inlining.

Yeah, probably so.  But I don't like the idea of fixing a problem
triggered by user-supplied CFLAGS by injecting more cflags from
elsewhere.  That seems likely to be counterproductive, or at
least it risks overriding what the user wanted.

Can we fix this by using something other than perl_alloc() as
the tested-for function?  That is surely a pretty arbitrary
choice.  Are there any standard Perl entry points that are just
plain functions with no weird macro expansions?

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Add Change Badges to documentation
От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Bug about drop index concurrently