Re: configure fails for perl check on CentOS8

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: configure fails for perl check on CentOS8
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/18/19 9:50 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> writes:
>> The immediately problematic command generated by autoconf is:
>> /usr/bin/ld: /tmp/ccGxodNv.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against symbol `PL_memory_wrap' can not be used when making a
PIEobject; recompile with -fPIC

>> /usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output
>> Very interestingly I don't get the error when the "-O0" is "-O2". It
>> is because gcc eliminates the PL_memory_wrap maybe by inlining.
> Yeah, probably so.  But I don't like the idea of fixing a problem
> triggered by user-supplied CFLAGS by injecting more cflags from
> elsewhere.  That seems likely to be counterproductive, or at
> least it risks overriding what the user wanted.
>
> Can we fix this by using something other than perl_alloc() as
> the tested-for function?  That is surely a pretty arbitrary
> choice.  Are there any standard Perl entry points that are just
> plain functions with no weird macro expansions?

I had a look in perl's proto.h but didn't see any obvious candidate. I
tried a couple of others (e.g. Perl_get_context) and got the same result
reported above.

cheers

andrew

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Make use of C99 designated initialisers fornulls/values arrays
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Fix most -Wundef warnings