Re: Let's Do the CoC Right

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: Let's Do the CoC Right
Дата
Re: Let's Do the CoC Right  (Geoff Winkless <pgsqladmin@geoff.dj>)
Re: Let's Do the CoC Right  (Rajeev Bhatta <techie.rajeev@yahoo.in>)
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 22, 2016, at 9:25 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

>> It excludes people who don’t participate in the list because of issues they’ve had there in the past.
>
> When and whom? This is the time for those that had issues to speak up either directly or through someone else. In
doingso though I would expect verifiable information.

So here we have a chicken-and-egg issue. If there is no CoC (or an insufficient one), then people who have been hurt in
thepast don’t want to participate. You need the security of a CoC before it’s safe to come back. It is not up to them
toprove themselves to you, to verify that they have suffered just for some sort of confirmation for you.

The way to involve a broader audience is to solicit feedback from outside the immediate confines of a single mail list.
Oreven the community itself. People have left the community because of issues; how do you get their help fixing the
thingsover which they left?

BTW, I am one of those “through someone else” people of which you speak.

Best,

David