Re: POC PATCH: copy from ... exceptions to: (was Re: VLDB Features)

От Alena Rybakina
Тема Re: POC PATCH: copy from ... exceptions to: (was Re: VLDB Features)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hi!

On 14.11.2023 13:10, Damir Belyalov wrote:
 Here is a very straw-man-level sketch of what I think might work.
 The option to COPY FROM looks something like

      ERRORS TO other_table_name (item [, item [, ...]])

I tried to implement the patch using a table and came across a number of questions.

Which table should we implement for this feature: a system catalog table or store this table as a file or create a new table?

In these cases, security and user rights management issues arise.
It is better for other users not to see error lines from another user. It is also not clear how access rights to this table are inherited and be given.

Maybe we can add a guc or a parameter to output such errors during the execution of the copy function with errors and check whether the user has enough rights to set such a parameter?

That is, I propose to give the user a choice to run copy with and without saving errors and at the same time immediately check whether the option with error output is possible for him in principle?

--
Regards,
Alena Rybakina

От: Damir Belyalov
Сообщение: Re: POC PATCH: copy from ... exceptions to: (was Re: VLDB Features)
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Remove MSVC scripts from the tree