Re: "CREATE RULE ... ON SELECT": redundant?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "CREATE RULE ... ON SELECT": redundant?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> And checking other versions, 9.6 is the same, it's only with pg 10 that
> it switches to creating a dummy view instead of a table (and using
> CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW, no mention of rules).

9.6.16 or later will use CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW, cf 404cbc562.

> So if the goal was to preserve compatibility with pre-pg10 dumps, that's
> already broken; if that's ok, then I don't see any obvious reason not to
> also remove or at least deprecate CREATE RULE ... ON SELECT for views.

Since the CREATE OR REPLACE case still works, I don't think removing
it is OK.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: evtcache: EventTriggerCache vs Event Trigger Cache
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: evtcache: EventTriggerCache vs Event Trigger Cache