Re: Hosting Service Recommendations

От Alex Turner
Тема Re: Hosting Service Recommendations
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have found that even the larger hosting companies such as Rackspace
are pretty clueless when trying to configure even a mid size database
server.  They gave us a 4 drive raid 5 even after being explicitly
asked for a RAID 10. They also put the controller in write through
cache mode.  Pretty bad config - the server blew chunks, our single
drive ATA cheapo box ran significantly faster.

I would definatley suggest looking at co-lo.

Alex Turner
netEconomist

От: Ned Lilly
Сообщение: OpenRPT (was Re: [ANNOUNCE] == PostgreSQL Weekly News - April 24 2005 ==)
От: Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com
Сообщение: Re: UltraSPARC versus AMD