Re: [QUESTION] Window function with partition by and order by

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [QUESTION] Window function with partition by and order by
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Ankit Kumar Pandey <itsankitkp@gmail.com> writes:
> Question is: Average of id for partition name (A) should be 6/4 = 1.5
> for all rows in that partition but this result is seen only at the last
> one row in partition (A). Am I missing here something?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/tutorial-window.html

particularly:

    By default, if ORDER BY is supplied then the frame consists of all
    rows from the start of the partition up through the current row, plus
    any following rows that are equal to the current row according to the
    ORDER BY clause.

            regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Samed YILDIRIM
Сообщение: Re: [QUESTION] Window function with partition by and order by
От: Ankit Kumar Pandey
Сообщение: Re: [QUESTION] Window function with partition by and order by