Re: [QUESTION] Window function with partition by and order by

От Ankit Kumar Pandey
Тема Re: [QUESTION] Window function with partition by and order by
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 27/11/22 21:58, Tom Lane wrote:
> Ankit Kumar Pandey <itsankitkp@gmail.com> writes:
>> Question is: Average of id for partition name (A) should be 6/4 = 1.5
>> for all rows in that partition but this result is seen only at the last
>> one row in partition (A). Am I missing here something?
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/tutorial-window.html
>
> particularly:
>
>      By default, if ORDER BY is supplied then the frame consists of all
>      rows from the start of the partition up through the current row, plus
>      any following rows that are equal to the current row according to the
>      ORDER BY clause.
>
>             regards, tom lane
Thanks, I understand the behavior now.

--
Regards,
Ankit Kumar Pandey

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [QUESTION] Window function with partition by and order by
От: Ankit Kumar Pandey
Сообщение: Re: [QUESTION] Window function with partition by and order by