Re: RfD: more powerful "any" types

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: RfD: more powerful "any" types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
> Yes, that sounds about right. Is that not basically what Alvaro was
> looking for to start with? And is there an "any" array that could work
> for variadic functions like sprintf(), as well?

Well, no, because arrays are inherently all the same element type.
You could try to do sprintf as
sprintf(text, variadic anyarray) returns text

but this constrains all the arguments to be the same type, which is
not what you want.  The variadic mechanism doesn't have the ability
to deal with what you're suggesting, and I'm not sure we want to try
to make it do that.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: RfD: more powerful "any" types
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: corrupted double-linked list