Re: [SQL] Oddities with NULL and GROUP BY

От secret
Тема Re: [SQL] Oddities with NULL and GROUP BY
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"Jackson, DeJuan" wrote:

> The behavior is valid, if you define NULL as meaning undefined.
> In other words when you define something as NULL you're saying, "I don't
> know what it is. It could be equal or not."
>         -DEJ

   IBM's DB/2 Disagrees, so does Oracle8!

Here is a cut & paste from Oracle SQL+:

SQL> select * from z;
       A         B
--------- ---------       1         1       1         2                 5                10

SQL> select a,sum(b) from z group by a;
       A    SUM(B)
--------- ---------       1         3                15

SQL>
   I'm going to report this as a bug now that I've verified 2 major database
vendors perform the task as I would expect them to, and PostgreSQL does it
very differently.  The question is really is NULL=NULL, which I would say it
should be.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Willian Jakobs"
Сообщение: creating a new table with data from other tables
От: secret
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] Oddities with NULL and GROUP BY