Re: [HACKERS] 6.6 items

От Vadim Mikheev
Тема Re: [HACKERS] 6.6 items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Don Baccus wrote:

> At 03:44 PM 6/8/99 +0800, Vadim Mikheev wrote:
> >ZEUGSWETTER Andreas IZ5 wrote:
>
> >> If Vadim made the change to make pg_dump dump in one transaction then
> >> PostgreSQL already has "hot backup" in 6.5. This will do a consistent
> >> snapshot of your database as it was when pg_dump began as long as you
> >> don't change the database layout during the dump.
>
> >This is done.
>
> You boys need to publicize this.  This lacking has been one of the
> biggest arguments against using Postgres in any environment with
> 24-hr access, one example being the web...

We discussed this issue recently and decided to follow this way,
so I didn't post message when pg_dump was changed, assuming
that it's known by all -:)

Or you talk that this should be mentioned in announcement/release
notes? May be... Though this is obvious feature of MVCC -
consistency read without blocking writers.

Vadim