Install problems (libpq.so.1)

От astromonk
Тема Install problems (libpq.so.1)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hello again:

libpq.so.2 is symlinked to libpq.so.  I copied libpq.so to libpq.so.1 and then
reran >/sbin/ldconfig (/usr/lib is found in /etc/ld.so.conf where all libpq.so
files are found - I could not find any .so's under the postgres installation
directorys) I then ran  >rpm -Uvh perl-DBD-pg.rpm is still giving me problems
saying it cannot find libpq.so.1.

Even though I copied libpq.so to libpq.so.1 locate libpq does not list
libpq.so.1.  If I can make locate find the .so.1 then I think the rpm install
will work.  I do not need to use the C programmers interface only perl will be
connecting to postgres so I hope I will not run into compatibility problems by
installing a version of DBD that was not made for PostgreSQL 6.4.2.

I really cannot go back and install a previous version of PostgreSQL because I
am working on a large open source project and all other members of the team
are on 6.4.2.

thanks

Astro