Re: [GENERAL] Remote Authentication

От wim
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Remote Authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Sean,

I could reproduce and solve the problem here, so this might help you:

PGLIB=/var/lib/pgsql
PGDATA=/home/tango/db
PGPASSWORD=$PGLIB/test

the $PGLIB/test is the path to the file containing the users generated with
pg_passwd,
this environment variabele should in your case be set for the user www.

To connect to the database use the form:
psql -h hostnameORipaddress  -u dbname

Cheers Wim.

От: "Dmitri G. Chtchekine"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Solaris 7 settings
От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Always interesting to see write-ups ...