Re: How do you select from a table until a condition is met?

От Dmitry Tkach
Тема Re: How do you select from a table until a condition is met?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
select * from table order by x limit 10; -- get first 10
select * from table order by x offset 10 limit 10; -- get 10 - 20
select * from table order by x offset 40 limit 10; -- get 40-50

OR

begin;
declare mycursor cursor for select * from table order by x;
fetch 10 from mycursor; -- get first 10
fetch 10 from mycursor; -- get 10-20
move 20 in mycursor;
fetch 10 from mycursor; -- get 40-50

Is that what you are talking about?

Dima

Nicholas Allen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am hoping that someone can help me with a problem I have. I would like to=
>  be=20
> able to perform a SELECT query to select values from a table upto a certain=
> =20
> row. The select may be ordered on a number of items. Is it possible to do=
> =20
> this and how should I do it?
>
> The reason I need this is because I have created a virtual table browser cl=
> ass=20
> that performs SQL queries to get the sections of the table the user is=20
> interested in. This way I don't load the whole table onto the client side. =
> If=20
> the user changes the sort ordering I want to determine the row index that w=
> as=20
> previously selected and scroll to that location.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Nicholas Allen

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Nicholas Allen
Сообщение: How do you select from a table until a condition is met?
От: Nicholas Allen
Сообщение: Re: How do you select from a table until a condition is met?