Re: Cleaning up the books page

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Cleaning up the books page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 7/19/23 6:04 AM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

>> -1 for 0003 (strong opinion, strongly held).
>
> What is the usecase you see for providing an incomplete list, with seemingly
> arbitrary chosen entries (they are not handpicked/curated for being prime
> examples) of resources for EOL versions?

We don't handpick or curate any of the published books so long as
they're relevant to PostgreSQL, so I don't understand the point.

But in general, the list is part of the record of published books. We
don't remove downloads of EOL versions of PostgreSQL. Even if a book
references an older version of PostgreSQL, it could still have useful
information that's applicable to today. There are also books we list
that deal more with strategy, which is version agnostic.

Jonathan

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Cleaning up the books page
От: Akshat Jaimini
Сообщение: Broken Urls present on the official PostgreSQL website (as reported by the Testing Harness Suite)