Re: installation on Mac OS X 10.5.1

От Niklas Johansson
Тема Re: installation on Mac OS X 10.5.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 22 dec 2007, at 06.56, Chuck wrote:
> What is the best way to install PostgreSQL on Mac OS X 10.5.1?
> Or, perhaps I should ask is there a preferred way to PostgreSQL on
> Mac OS X?
>
> Is a disk image installer fine? Or, is it better to compile all the
> components?

I've always installed from source and I've never been sorry. Haven't
tried it on Leopard yet though. There's no reason to believe that the
various binary installers should be worse than a source install, but
since I've never tried them I really can't tell.

Compiling from source is a good way to get to know both your OS and
Postgres better.

Sincerely,

Niklas Johansson

От: Richard Broersma Jr
Сообщение: Constraint Trigger's referenced_table
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: installation on Mac OS X 10.5.1