Delete with join -- deleting related table entries?

От Bryce Nesbitt
Тема Delete with join -- deleting related table entries?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
When I delete a record from a certain table, I need to delete a
(possibly) attached note as well.  How can I do this with postgres?  The
tables are like this:

reservation   reservation_id   stuff...

isuse   issue_id   reservation_id   stuff..

note   issue_id   text comments...

A select that pulls out what I want to delete is:
   SELECT reservation_id,issue_id,note_id,eg_note.comments FROM
eg_reservation      LEFT JOIN eg_issue USING (reservation_id)      LEFT JOIN eg_note USING (issue_id)      WHERE
reservation_id> condition;

Can anyone help me turn this into a DELETE statement?

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: trecherous subselect needs warning?
От: "BigSmoke"
Сообщение: Re: Delete with join -- deleting related table entries?