Re: How do the Linux distributions create the Linux user/group "postgres"?

От Ron
Тема Re: How do the Linux distributions create the Linux user/group "postgres"?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob;f=rpm/redhat/main/non-common/postgresql-15/main/postgresql-15.spec;h=60cd42147a7563ba76c401643d0a7c79b59d2520;hb=HEAD

> 8<-------------------
> %pre server
> groupadd -g 26 -o -r postgres >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
> useradd -M -g postgres -o -r -d /var/lib/pgsql -s /bin/bash \
>     -c "PostgreSQL Server" -u 26 postgres >/dev/null 2>&1 || :

What if (for example in an already-installed package) uid and gid 26 already
exist?

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.

От: Matthias Apitz
Сообщение: Re: How do the Linux distributions create the Linux user/group "postgres"?
От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: How do the Linux distributions create the Linux user/group "postgres"?