Re: How do the Linux distributions create the Linux user/group "postgres"?

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: How do the Linux distributions create the Linux user/group "postgres"?
Дата
Re: How do the Linux distributions create the Linux user/group "postgres"?  (Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 1/9/23 07:41, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> Please note: I'm talking about the user and group "postgres" in the
> Linux OS and not in the PostgreSQL server.
>
> We're compiling PostgreSQL from source (actually 14.1) and distribute that
> to our customers. They're asked to setup user and group "postgres"
> before creating the cluster. As nowadays there are a lot of setup such
> things in bigger installations, like LDAP or AD, etc. I'd like to know
> how other installations for Linux deal with this?

See for example the PGDG RPM spec file:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob;f=rpm/redhat/main/non-common/postgresql-15/main/postgresql-15.spec;h=60cd42147a7563ba76c401643d0a7c79b59d2520;hb=HEAD

8<-------------------
%pre server
groupadd -g 26 -o -r postgres >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
useradd -M -g postgres -o -r -d /var/lib/pgsql -s /bin/bash \
    -c "PostgreSQL Server" -u 26 postgres >/dev/null 2>&1 || :

HTH,

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

От: Thomas Guyot
Сообщение: Re: How do the Linux distributions create the Linux user/group "postgres"?
От: Erik Wienhold
Сообщение: Re: How do the Linux distributions create the Linux user/group "postgres"?