Re: How do the Linux distributions create the Linux user/group "postgres"?

От Thomas Guyot
Тема Re: How do the Linux distributions create the Linux user/group "postgres"?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2023-01-09 07:41, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please note: I'm talking about the user and group "postgres" in the
> Linux OS and not in the PostgreSQL server.
>
> We're compiling PostgreSQL from source (actually 14.1) and distribute that
> to our customers. They're asked to setup user and group "postgres"
> before creating the cluster. As nowadays there are a lot of setup such
> things in bigger installations, like LDAP or AD, etc. I'd like to know
> how other installations for Linux deal with this?

Hi Matthias,

Users are generally created by the pre-install or post-install scripts
of the package. The specific ways in which they are created may depend
on the packaging tool being used and packager that built the
distribution package.

Regards,

--
Thomas

От: Matthias Apitz
Сообщение: How do the Linux distributions create the Linux user/group "postgres"?
От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: How do the Linux distributions create the Linux user/group "postgres"?