Re: pgsql: Recalculate search_path after ALTER ROLE.

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: pgsql: Recalculate search_path after ALTER ROLE.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Wed, 2023-08-09 at 16:12 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> I'm not sure yet, but this looks like a possible pre-existing bug, or
> some incorrect assumption I made in fa2e874946.

Before my commit the behavior is the same. Here's a minimal repro
(debug_parallel_query set to 'on' or 'regress'):

  s1:
    CREATE USER u1;
    SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION u1;

  s2:
    ALTER ROLE u1 RENAME TO u2;

  s1:
    SELECT 1;
    ERROR:  role "u1" does not exist
    CONTEXT:  while setting parameter "session_authorization" to "u1"

Given that it works fine without parallel query, I'm inclined to call
this a parallel query bug. The error is coming from RestoreGUCState().

That being said, the buildfarm is red after my commit, so unless
someone sees a quick fix here, perhaps I should remove my isolation
test? I don't want to revert my whole commit, because it seems correct
and fixes a separate bug.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

От: John Naylor
Сообщение: pgsql: Use native CRC instructions on 64-bit LoongArch
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: pgsql: Document RelationGetIndexAttrBitmap better