Re: pgsql: Recalculate search_path after ALTER ROLE.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Recalculate search_path after ALTER ROLE.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> writes:
> On Wed, 2023-08-09 at 16:12 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
>> I'm not sure yet, but this looks like a possible pre-existing bug, or
>> some incorrect assumption I made in fa2e874946.

> Before my commit the behavior is the same. Here's a minimal repro
> Given that it works fine without parallel query, I'm inclined to call
> this a parallel query bug. The error is coming from RestoreGUCState().

Check.  Seems like we need a way to restore the role GUC without
performing a catalog lookup.  I'll bet there are comparable bugs
with search path, temp tablespace names, etc.

> That being said, the buildfarm is red after my commit, so unless
> someone sees a quick fix here, perhaps I should remove my isolation
> test? I don't want to revert my whole commit, because it seems correct
> and fixes a separate bug.

Yes, just remove the test case for now.  It might or might not be
worth the trouble to put it back later.

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: pgsql: Document RelationGetIndexAttrBitmap better
От: John Naylor
Сообщение: pgsql: Update Solution.pm for new LoongArch CRC symbol