Re: Best Procedural Language?

От John Sidney-Woollett
Тема Re: Best Procedural Language?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'd say that the biggest benefit of pl/pgsql for postgres is that it is
so close to Oracle's own procedural language. This makes the job of
porting from Oracle to postgres *nearly* trivial.

Convincing a site to switch from Oracle to Postgres is therefroe easier
and a major feather in postgres's cap.

Working with both Oracle 8,9,10 and postgres 7.4 and 8, I find switching
between the two dbs fairly easy. Oracle is richer in terms of
(programming) features but bang for buck and ease of
administration/setup etc, you just can't beat postgres...

John