v.1.6.2: issue with truncated column comments.

От Erwin Brandstetter
Тема v.1.6.2: issue with truncated column comments.
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi developers! Hi Dave!

Testing pgAdmin III v1.6.2 rev: 5837, client Win XP. Host Debian Sarge,
PG 8.1.4.

While having a look at the new release, I think I found an issue with
truncated column comments. It seemed quite random at first, I guess I
have figured it out, though:

If the comment includes a windows-style linebreak (CR+LF), the appended
dots end up in a new line. The generated script is not executable
without syntax error.
Does not happen with Linx-style linebreak (LF). Not tested with
Max-style (CR).
Show-case appended.
Sorry I did not report earlier, I did not have access to a windows build
before release, though.

On a sidenote: appending ' ..' (a blank and 2 or 3 dots) might look
cleaner than '...' (3 dots, no blank).

Regards
Erwin

-- Table: test

-- DROP TABLE test;

CREATE TABLE test
( a text, -- a b text, -- b... c text -- c
)
WITHOUT OIDS;
ALTER TABLE test OWNER TO postgres;
COMMENT ON COLUMN test.a IS 'a';
COMMENT ON COLUMN test.b IS 'b
c linebreak = LF (Linux)';
COMMENT ON COLUMN test.c IS 'c
d linebreak = CR+LF (Windows)';

От: rdelong
Сообщение: problem with pgadmin query tool EOL sequences
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: SQL Window's Title