Re: v.1.6.2: issue with truncated column comments.

От Dave Page
Тема Re: v.1.6.2: issue with truncated column comments.
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> Hi developers! Hi Dave!
>
> Testing pgAdmin III v1.6.2 rev: 5837, client Win XP. Host Debian Sarge,
> PG 8.1.4.
>
> While having a look at the new release, I think I found an issue with
> truncated column comments. It seemed quite random at first, I guess I
> have figured it out, though:
>
> If the comment includes a windows-style linebreak (CR+LF), the appended
> dots end up in a new line. The generated script is not executable
> without syntax error.
> Does not happen with Linx-style linebreak (LF). Not tested with
> Max-style (CR).
> Show-case appended.
> Sorry I did not report earlier, I did not have access to a windows build
> before release, though.

A while after that original fix, I did a similar one for some other
properties in which I wrote a function to do the job, which did check
for \r\n before assuming \n. I thought I updated the comment code to use
it as well but clearly I forgot :-(

Should be OK now though.

> On a sidenote: appending ' ..' (a blank and 2 or 3 dots) might look
> cleaner than '...' (3 dots, no blank).

I prefer '...' to be honest.

Regards, Dave.

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: SQL Window's Title
От: "Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists)"
Сообщение: Re: v.1.6.2: issue with truncated column comments.