Re: Creditcard Number Security was Re: Encrypted column

От Guy Rouillier
Тема Re: Creditcard Number Security was Re: Encrypted column
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Richard P. Welty wrote:
> Guy Fraser wrote:
>> Have you thought about setting up an account with PayPal, and having
>> people pay through PayPal?
>>
>> Let PayPal deal with the security, and credit card info, after all it's
>> what they do.
>>
> at the day job, when we switched from paypal (who we found very
> undependable)
> to authorize.net, we were very pleased to discover that authorize.net
> would take
> care of the credit card numbers for us, so we didn't have to try to
> secure them beyond
> the usual requirements while the numbers are in transit.
>
> i would definitely recommend outsourcing for this if at all possible.

Paypal has a perception issue - they are perceived as being tightly
linked with eBay.  That's a problem in the corporate arena.  If my stock
broker were to tell me they do all their financial transactions through
Paypal, I'd probably wonder if they were a legitimate corporation.

Do any of these outsourcers indemnify corporate customers against fraud
or data loss?

--
Guy Rouillier

От: "Coffin, Ronald"
Сообщение: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Advisory on possibly insecure security definer functions
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Creditcard Number Security was Re: Encrypted column